If you’re looking for basic public health information about mental health, look no further than the Center For Disease Control’s (CDC) Mental Health page. This website provides users with a good starting point for learning about mental health.
This page gives:
- a definition of mental health
- indicators of mental health
- data and statistics on depression
- data on surveillance of mental illnesses
- information on psychological distress
- data on the stigma of mental illnesses
- information on well-being.
Viewers also have access to published papers for additional, more in-depth research. Additional links to other organization’s websites are included.