Positive self-talk can be an effective tool to boost your mood. Be kind and gentle to yourself!
Instead of checking our phones at red lights or in grocery lines, we can choose to use that time to give ourselves positive thoughts. Here are some mantras to use for those meditative moments:
- I am capable.
- I know who I am and I am enough.
- I choose to be present in all that I do.
- I know I cannot control everything, and it’s okay.
- I choose to think thoughts that serve me well.
- I share my happiness with those around me.
- My body is my vehicle in life; I choose to fill it with goodness.
- I feel energetic and alive.
- My life is unfolding just as it needs to.
- I am confident.
- I always observe before reacting.
- I accept challenges and appreciate what I learn from overcoming them.
- Each step is taking me to where I want to be.
- I am grateful today.
Parents who take care of children with mental illness need all the positive self-talk they can get. What positive messages can you give yourself? Which of these sound good to you?