The SOVA Project is happy to feature this blog post written by one in our team of fantastic SOVA Ambassadors—these are young people who help create meaningful blog posts from adolescents’ perspectives.
While this may seem like a daunting task, here are some ways, both large and small, that you can bring more balance and order to your day-to-day activities and improve your overall well-being:
- De-clutter your schedule. Do you have too much on your plate? How are you spending most of your time? What events and activities in your life bring you the most joy? Is there anything that seems to be doing you more harm than good? Review your schedule and prioritize the things that are the most important to you. Reduce or eliminate the things that seem to be less beneficial.
- Give yourself some room to breathe. Once you’ve assessed your schedule, check to see if you’re giving yourself enough time to relax. If the weather is nice, perhaps you could go for a walk or sit outside for a bit and take in the spring air!
- Evaluate your relationships. Just like with your schedule, you can assess which people in your life makes you the happiest and which tend to bring you down. Spend more time with those who make you feel your best!
- Develop a more positive attitude. The sunshine and warmth of spring are a great reminder that there is so much beauty in life, and there are so many things to be grateful for. Try looking for beauty and goodness in every situation that you face, and surround yourself with positive influences that fill you with hope.
- Minimize distractions. If you find yourself multitasking frequently or can’t hold your attention when you’re trying to focus on something, think about what’s causing your mind to wander and take actions to reduce or remove these distractions.
- Do some actual cleaning! Living in a neat and tidy environment can help you focus and create a sense of harmony. This article explains some of the mental benefits of organization and provides some tips for getting started.
How do you like to “clean up,” optimize, and simplify your life? Tell us your own tips in the comments.