Happiness consists in activity. It is a running stream, not a stagnant pool.
– John Mason Good
On Mondays we often feature blog posts about staying positive. However, what does this really mean? Does it really help?
- Individuals who were optimistic were less likely to die compared to those who were pessimistic
- People who tracked their gratitude weekly were happier and experienced fewer physical complaints.
They also include 10 tools to help individuals feel stronger and more hopeful:
- Connect with others
- Stay positive
- Get physically active
- Help others
- Get enough sleep
- Create joy and satisfaction
- Eat well
- Take care of your spirit
- Deal better with hard times
- Get professional help if you need it
Want to read more about positivity and happiness? Try reading The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want.
What do you do to stay positive? Does it help you to think this way?